Who is Dalvir Suri, co-founder leaving delivery startup Dunzo?
Dunzo, the on-demand delivery platform, said on Monday that one of its four co-founders, Dalvir Suri, would leave and the cash-strapped Reliance Industries-backed startup also announced an organisation-wide restructuring from this quarter.
Who is Dalvir Suri?
• Dalvir Suri joined the firm in May 2015, about a year after it was founded. Later he began leading its business-to-business unit, Dunzo Merchant Services(DMS).
• Before joining the Reliance-backed startup, Suri was at Cybrilla Technologies as Head Of Operations, his profile on LinkedIn says.
• He has also worked at IBM as an application developer and security and privacy consultant.
• He has done his Bachelors in Engineering from Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Mumbai University
• Ankur Agarwal, Kabeer Biswa and Mukund Jha are the company’s other co-founders of the delivery firm.
“Dalvir has been instrumental in building out every new line of business at Dunzo … and the DMS business has very capable leadership that’s picking up directly after him,” CEO and co-founder Kabeer Biswas said in a statement.
Dunzo has been struggling to strike a funding deal in the past few months and has announced at least three rounds of layoffs, deferred or reduced salaries for some employees as well as reduced 50% of its dark stores. The company has not announced his replacement yet.
Dunzo is in advanced talks to close a $25 million to $30 million funding round that will raise Reliance Retail’s 25.8% stake in the firm, Moneycontrol reported last week.
Dunzo had previously delayed salaries of half of its 1000-strong workforce till July 20, impacting their top management the most.
In April this year, the company had raised USD 75 million (around ₹616 crore) and also fired about 400 employees in the first half of this year as part of cost-cutting measures.
(Inputs from agencies)