Navy`s Half Marathon: Mumbai Police issues traffic advisory
Navy`s Half Marathon: Mumbai Police on Saturday issued a traffic advisory for citizens in the city ahead of Indian Navy`s Half Marathon in Mumbai.
The police said, “On Sunday, 19/11/2023, Indian Navy has organised “Indian Oil WNC Navy Half Marathon 2023” in south Mumbai. There are three different categories of run- 21 km run, 10 km run and 5 km run.”
In Order to provide free way to runners, and to avoid traffic congestion on the route following changes have been made in regular traffic pattern.
1. For 21 km, 10 km and 5 km approximately 16,000 runners are participating. Hence on 19/11/2023 special local trains will be operational from 02.30 am on Central, Harbor and Western Railways route. There are no parking places for vehicles around marathon route; therefore people participating in this marathon should use Public Transport to reach the Marathon Place.
2. The following changes have been made in the below mentioned routes-
A) Road closed for traffic (Morning 04.00 am to 10.00 am)
1) Veer Nariman Road, 2) M.G. Road, 3) K.B. Patil Road, 4) M.K. Road ( both bound), 5) Walchand Hirachand Marg, 6) D.N. Road, 7) H.T. Parikh Marg, 8) Dinshaw Wachha Road, 9) Hotel Oberio, Hotel Trident and Dorabji Tata Road, 10) Madam Cama Road,11) Solapur Street, Puna Street, Kalyan Street, Thana Street, Kurla Street, Surat Street, Ahmadabad Street, Sant Tukaram Road.
B) M.G. Road- Vasudev Balwant Phadake Chowk (Metro Junction) to Chafekar Bandhu Chowk to (OCS Junction) will be closed for both bounds on Dt. 18-11-2023 at 23.00 hrs to date- 19-11-23 at 10.00 hrs.
C) Alternate Routes
1) Vehicles moving from Colaba, Cuffe Parade (South Mumbai) towards East Mumbai and Central Mumbai shall use Shahid Bhagat Singh Road and P` DMello Road.
2) Vehicles moving from Colaba, Cuffe Parade (South Mumbai) towards North Mumbai, Airport shall use Sahid Bhagat Singh Road, P` DMello Road, Wadi bunder, Ramchandra Bhat Road, Dr. Maharshi Road, S.V.P. Road, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedker Road.
3) Vehicles moving from Central and East Mumbai towards Colaba, Cuffe Parade (South Mumbai) shall use P` DMello Road, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road.
4) Vehicles moving from North Mumbai, Airport towards Colaba, Cuffe Parade (South Mumbai) shall use Dr. Babasaheb Ambedker Road, Ramchandra Bhat Road,, Dr. Maharshi Road, S.V.P. Road, Wadi bunder, P` DMello Road, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road.
5) Vehicles moving from Azad maidan towards Opera house shall use Meghdoot bridge, N.S. road or JSS road
3) All Heavy vehicles are prohibited in South Mumbai on 19/11/2023 from 02.00 hrs. to 24.00 hrs.